Thursday, February 17, 2011

Mom is Ok!

Mom survived without me yesterday! I knew she would but I have my own  old fashioned guilt trip with me all the time! 
Today I walked a lot with mom. She was slow but steady! One of my resident friends ate lunch with us today. He just burst into tears! He said he was sad. I moved his wheelchair over beside me and I talked to him while he ate and mom ate. I feel so helpless sometimes. I wish I could do something for him. But  I never know what I can do for each individual. 

We have a family friend in the same nursing home mom is in. Our boys grew up together and my son was in his son's wedding this past summer. He just got moved off the rehab hall down on another hall I don't frequent very much. There is a nurse who really doesn't like me. She works that hall often. I always check with a nurse and get permission before I give a resident some type of food. She is rude and matter of fact with me and refuses to give me the info I need. I am not intimidated by her but if she doesn't help me with the info I need I can't do anything for him. I don't understand why she treats me this way. She's the only nurse in the building that does that to me. I'm really going to hate being treated disrespectfully and refusing to help me help a friend of ours. I pray nothing happens and she just tolerates me and is helpful in my requests. 

Not much happening on the crochet front today. I found another small square pattern I would like to use. I sent a message to the person asking if she would share the square pattern. She said she would get it together this weekend! Check out this link and look at the afghan she made called "My Yoga Blanket". She has several beautiful afghans using small squares! Please check it out! So awesome!


Here is my square of the day!


No comments:

Post a Comment