Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Awesome Wednesday!

I got my square done today! 

It's kinda ugly! (Laughing!) 

This yarn was odd to begin with! I am trying to use the skein up so I don't have to look at it anymore! 

I need to change the subject! Mom's doctor came by to see mom, is what I thought but instead he shook my hand and said this to me:

 He said I was saintly. He said mom's walking and recovery is remarkable. My medicines did not make her well, you made her well. He said, you walk her, then you let her rest and recover, while you knit or crochet, you feed her good healthy food, you made your mom strong and healthy. Then he told mom she was blessed with a devoted daughter and was very lucky to have me.

I was not expecting him to say that! But it felt good to be acknowledged like that! I texted my brothers and sisters. One sister said great and the other said something that sounded fake and it wasn't really sincere. It just made me sad. Well I need to blow it off and forget it. None of my siblings really understand the things I do for mom throughout the day. It can be difficult on some days. I need to pull it together and be thankful. It is what it is!

I need to get back to working on my pink baby hat!

If anyone is reading this, thanks for listening.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I'm listening even if I just found you.
    You are a blessing I can tell an I'm reading the post you posted. do you feel sometimes like a box in a box. you are a godsent to you mother the bible say's honer them and your doing that. an what the Dr. told you is so. If she had been left alone she would ahve probbably passed away.
    you did everythign right I would have done the same for mine. my mom is 88 an can be hard to get along with at times. she feel's so alone because all her people have passed on she is the last of them. and she misses them so.
    and for the sister that made you feel sad my thought is Don't let the devil steal your joy.
    the oc was right so Smile big and loud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. about the color your right, it's hard to look at, and I would have done the same as you did use it an get it out of the way. it might have made a hat or scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank-you!

    You are so kind!

    Yes, sometimes I feel like a box in a box!

    I did try to make a hat out of the yarn but it was really ugly! I had to rip it out! :^)

    ReplyDelete